Monday, March 22, 2010

Experimental Butterflies and Tulips


My first tryout at icing cookies with royal icing. I don't have meringue powder, so I've used egg white to make the icing. Got the recipe from kak min's website. And the technique, I found a good tutorial site on the web, called sweetopia.

A quick royal icing recipe from kak min's website:
whisk egg white until foamy, add 1/4 tsp cream of tartar and then add a tbs at a time sifted icing sugar until you get the right consistency. To get the right consistency, use the 10 sec rule. If you cut across your icing, it should go smooth before 10 secs. Refer to sweetopia. Once you have the right consistency, add colours and you are ready to ice your cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Okey mah for 1st try... practice key ... hehe. My charkueyteow power!!! hihihi

    ReplyDelete